Social Security / Federal Benefits
Our office provides a wide range of services for the U.S. Social Security Administration and other Federal agencies (Veterans Administration, Office of Personnel Management, etc.). Some of our main responsibilities are to assist individuals living in Spain to file applications for benefits, request Social Security Number cards, obtain earnings records and in general, provide expert and personalized information on the Social Security program.
If you wish to contact our office for information and/or assistance, please do not hesitate to do so.
Federal Benefits Unit
Tel.: 91 587 2261
Fax: 91 587 2260
Below, we have selected several links which we hope will be of interest to you:
- Social Security Online, the official site of the Social Security Administration.
- Social Security Online for Women, the official site of the Social Security Administration for women.
- SSA's 'Información en Español', the official site of the Social Security Administration in Spanish.
- Medicare, the official U.S. Government site for people with Medicare.
- VBA, the official site of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- VBA's Foreign Services Program, a description of all benefits and services offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs outside of the United States.
- RRB, the official site of the U.S. Railroad Retirement Board.
- Office of Personnel Management, the official site of the federal government's human resources agency.
- DOL, the official site of the U.S. Department of Labor.
- IRS, the official site of the Internal Revenue Service.
FBU / SSA News
Social Security Direct Diposit (PDF - 9K)
If you apply for Social Security benefits on or after May 1, 2011, you must receive your payments electronically.
Under the law no Social Security COLA for 2011 (PDF - 42K)
Monthly Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits for more than 58 million Americans will not automatically increase in 2011, the Social Security Administration announced today.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.